PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2011, 20:29
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly, I'd stay where you are. Yes, flying is a great job, providing you are not at the bottom of the pile. Your potential peer group have pissed (& probably shat) in the pool you have to drink from. In reality, you will need £100,000 or more in cash and maybe, in two years you might land a job flying. But the chance of that is remote. And thanks to the aforementioned, you'll be lucky to get less than half of what your earn at the moment. So thinking of you and your better half, I suggest you stay where you are and go flying for fun. Don't do the boring spam can flying. Instead go racing, do aeros, renovate and fly vintage, fly an autogyro, go gliding. And I say exactly the same to my kids. Airline flying (at the bottom) is not what it should be and do you know what I can't understand? Why are so many people prepared to risk so much in the way of relationships, money, time and effort for a ridiculous gamble?

Stay where you are. And don't for one minute think that you are "playing it safe." You are just not exposing you partner and yourself to a pointless risk. Be confident in the knowledge you have what it takes but silently snigger to yourself that you are not a prat like those who are just about to give up everything they have, and more, to chase a dream which is unlikely to come true.

PM