PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The cuts haven't reached the Herc Force yet then !
Old 6th Mar 2011, 20:13
oldgrubber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many years ago we were at sea with Wrens on board for the first time. The Zoomies were conducting a high power ground run (aft flight deck spot) at silly o clock at night and we ( the pingers) were flying around the clock as usual.
For those not familiar with the wardroom sleeping arrangements on the CVSs, the junior officers slept on 2 deck at the stern of the ship, right below the flight deck. After the Harrier had been running for a while, I saw my Seaking off and went in just as the Harrier shut down. The lads were all laughing about a young Wren officer who had appeared in the ACR flat (line office area) dressed in fluffy slippers and dressing gown asking if we could turn off the noisy jet because she couldn’t sleep.
This apparently had been relayed to the Senior Rate in the cockpit who shut down to come and have a look/laugh.
Needless to say, they gave her enough time to walk back to the cabin area, say prayers and jump into bed before starting up again and I’m sure there was a lot more nozzle waggling than usual.
I have no axe to grind either way about hotels etc and despite apparently being navy the thread starter doesn't speak for me, but here’s an idea, close this silly thread and lets keep it polite.

Cheers (dark blue)