PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jet/bird evasive action
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2011, 20:10
K_9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sevenstrokeroll
who said to roll the plane to 60 degrees of bank at 1.3vso with gear and flaps out? I didn't .

have you guys even read the original post?

I'm trying to get the engines out of the birds path...it is one option...in the first post I even mentioned climbing.

by the time you started the roll, you would pass the birds and start to resume level flight...perhaps I should have said: NOT TO EXCEED 60 degrees of bank.

wow.

some of the dopiest guys on pprune and they didn't even read the posts

and a guy with 200 hours in cherokees and c172's.

wow...charles lindbergh, move over!

sheesh.
I don't know how much altitude the 707 lost while rolling, but I've seen the film and it looked really nice...twice...in front of all of Seattle. It didnt look like much, but I wasn't looking at the altitmeter, were you?
I have read the thread in its entirety since the day you posted it. I think it has been beaten into the ground that, at anything other than approach speed, there is no chance you will see birds with enough time to react. This leaves the only possible application of your idea to approach and departure, so unless you will retract your ridiculous claim, you are indeed suggesting to roll into a 60° bank at 1.3Vso.

Unless I missed something, we have yet to hear what your personal flight experience is. I make no secret of the fact that my experience is limited to VFR and IFR ASEL and several simulator sessions on the heavies so that those reading my post know what the context is. Please, tell us what your experience is so that I may properly honor the next Chuck Yeager. If not, you're just a troll who likes to play with MSFS.