PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-registered aircraft, operated in Germany with a FAA-license. Maintenance?
Old 6th Mar 2011, 19:55
AN2 Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are very right. However, the damage the incertainty does to the industry is tremendous. Lots of investments are in question these days because nobody wants to comit large sums of money into something which is unsure if it will still be around. I've been wondering if to go N-Reg or to do a trip to the US to get the IR there rather than reviving my JAR one would be the way to go. My aircraft is fully IFR according to US standards but some 10s of k's away in EASA land. I won't do that howerver before EASA FCL is fact and we know what the story is.

I reckon VFR and "basic" aircraft under owner/pilot usage will not be too much trouble. Go IFR, try to rent it out to someone to share costs, and things go pear-shaped a lot and fast. CAMO can mean an increase of cost per hour of up to £100 (based on 100 hours yearly useage and the fact that under CAMO no "on condition" is possible e.t.c.). For what? Do I increase ANY safety? Nope.

That is why I have a bit of reservations about operating an EASA registered plane with a FAA license in an EASA country which is not it's registrar state. Therefore better ask someone who's done it...

You know all the right folks We should get together some time, would be the best anti gloom treatment in a while

Best regards
AN2