PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An opportunity not to be missed!
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2011, 19:14
Fruet Mich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a yarn to a jetstar Capt in MEL finishing his Singapore return the other day, he was working with another capt. When I asked if he was on a check, he replied jetstar were short of FO's primarily because no one is being upgraded to FO on the Aus EBA. This is why they asking for FO's based in NZ on 65k so they can avoid the Aus EBA just like they are currently doing with every new recruit on the 320. What are you guys at Jetstar doing about this? How the hell are you letting these guys break the law and have all new hires be put on the NZ contract to be "domiciled" in Australia? Surely you have a big case if not one person has been hired on the Aussie EBA for I don't know how long!!?? Doesn't this make a mokery of a collective agreement signed in good faith by the company and it's employees? Pitch in and hire an employment lawyer for Christ sake!

The 330 capt also mentioned that Jetstar were about to get a rude awakening with captains leaving to work for air china based in SYD. But I guess Jetstar will just hire new captains on a NZ 320 capt salary to replace them.

Grow some nuts boys and girls in Jetstar. It seems the only nuts are in management and they're having a right ol time.