PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-registered aircraft, operated in Germany with a FAA-license. Maintenance?
Old 6th Mar 2011, 18:02
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know Jose

I also think that there is a whole load of absolute shysters hanging around the Part M CAMO scene, who shaft aircraft owners who are less than on the ball on the procedures (which is the great majority). I say this because a lot of owners don't have the problems which the pilot forums are full of. Or, putting it another way, they seem to find CAMOs which apply a bit of "French pragmatism/imagination" to the paperwork issue.

Re doom and gloom, there is always doom and gloom. GA runs on 3 things: avgas, doom, and gloom. In the meantime, everybody is getting older and if they just got on with it, they would get years of flying in before anything "might" actually happen. Even the EASA FCL proposal (which is so aggressive few people believe it will happen as proposed) is not due till 2015 or so.

When I was doing the FAA IR, 2006, there was as much doom and gloom. The UK was going to kick out N-regs after 90 days' parking anywhere in the UK (even parking inside a maintenance hangar, waiting for parts). So what happened? Zilch, and I've had 5 years of fantastic IFR flying around Europe.