PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Last problem seems to be far-reaching. Windows now not valid!!!!
Old 6th Mar 2011, 16:44
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Thanks Bush. That would be a trick! I found myself trying not to shout at a computer in the early hours.

They do NOT match. But one was called Product key, the other ID. So, I wondered if that could be something else. I did mention this to someone in New Deli, but he just said, 'Oh.' and gave me another telephone number.

I'm in the midst of family, and can't really concentrate, so I'll put up with it until we head south tomorrow.

A strange magnetic force pulled me to the computer. I had to try again.

Got given the runaround on the phone again, until someone admitted they couldn't help me until tomorrow. Thought I'd try the automatic route.

Validate, seems to be something that needs Active X Okay, I'll follow the logical route. Pah!

I get a screen which is unequivocal...press the blue button, and I'll be taken to activation screen. I am...for one nanosecond.

I can just see it there, until a ing Bing screen overwrites it. Nothing I can do will make it not load. In a weak moment, I even let Bing load whatever it wanted - I don't use MS Explorer anyway, so if it gets binged, I won't care - Anyway, it didn't make any difference. The screen I want has a button to press and I even tried to press it in half a nannosecond. I got quite good at it, but it didn't work.

I can understand how a company like MS can become a suppurating pile of poo, but what I can't understand is how it can work so well sometimes . . . just well enough in fact, to make one want it to work again.