PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2011, 15:59
Entaxei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrpony

Quote .......... If you read the relevant clauses highlighted by VK in an earlier post as follows........the matter of the legal requirement to hold regular Branch Elections, every five years, contained within section 46-53 of the Trade Union and Labour Relations Act 1992.......Etc.....

I agree with what you and VK say - but - I have never said that what BASSA appears to have done and are doing, was in any sense legal or illegal, but it is a matter of some curiosity.

As we all know, you cannot make accusations without proof of such possible malpractices and, without copies of BASSA'a own Rules & Regulations and minutes prior to and after the linkup with Unite, and ideally a copy of the Agreement when they "joined" Unite it would seem that any evidence either way would be difficult to find.

However, thinking as an aside, figures for any income/disbursements by BASSA as a standalone entity prior to becoming part of Unite and, any such for BASSA following their becoming a "Branch" or whatever with Unite would be useful, including any political payments to the Labour party, SWP, etc., or Unite, or within BASSA, in determining the amounts of possible income/surplus - that might make interesting reading, if anybody can find any information!!.

A thought, I wonder if Reps were ever given a standard income/payment by BASSA at any time in the last 5 years - does anybody know (for certain, not as an 'I think' or rumour) and I know that it would be unusual, but curiosity calls, in fact is there any form of up to date Reps list?, as in theory Bassa cannot elect any reps at present, and they are supposed to have lost a fair few in the past 18 months for various reasons.

At least it beats Sunday TV and Ice Dancing!!.