PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is SO important ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2011, 12:53
tezzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is SO important ?

That peoplecompletely ignore the "mobile phones must now be switched off" and "A reminder that mobile phones must not be used until we reach our parking stand" announcements ?

Ok, I admit to being tired having just endure Air Chance's flights from Santo Domingo - Paris - Amsterdam but why must people use their phones / blackberrys etc during the banned phases of the flight. On approach to Paris, the lady next to me as soon as the seatbelt sign went ON switched on her iPhone and downloaded all of her SMS messages and emails while we were on long finals. The steward completly ignired it until I gave him a stare when he asked her to switch it back off. She pretended to, and put it in her bag, but as soon as his back was turned, out it came again. Grrrrr! Rules are rules for all.

On the Paris Amsterdam flight the taxi and take of run were accompanied by Blackberry email notifications from all around the business cabin. The guy over the aisle from me even had his on at touchdown, and made two or three calls while we were taxying in.

Until the airlines get tough on this, my blood will continue to boil, prosecute a few for "disobeying a lawful request from a crew member" or some such law, and make examples of them, big fines, banned from that airline etc.

Rant mode off. Unless there is one on my next flight to Humberside in an hour !