PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legalities on using a camera during take off and landing
Old 6th Mar 2011, 11:13
Hotel Tango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you only knew it, you have far more "freedom" to engage in this highly intrusive and invasive hobby in the UK than almost anywhere else on the planet...........indeed, there are places quite close to home where photography at an airport could see you shot dead!
Firstly I was not aware that I was being uncivil to you. That was certainly not my intention. I was talking about public areas not airport (railway, etc.) property.

There are the odd exceptions but your statement (above) paints a much darker and untrue picture of the reality.I am a keen amateur aviation photographer who resides outside the UK. Using common sense I have never encountered problems, let alone be shot at, in the many European and non-European countries I regularly visit. In fact, quite a number provide far superior facilities than the UK do - and that's a fact. I do not go near military or obviously restricted areas. Very few airports in the UK now provide official spectator areas and this in turn encourages enthusiasts (and I include non-spotters) to look for alternative spots around the perimeter. Many of these spots are close to but outside airport property (adjacent roads or fields) yet it is not uncommon to be challenged by airport security or personnel. I will gladly present I/D but I draw the line if they attempt to move me on.