PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD paid £22 for 65p light bulb..
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2011, 08:14
Diablo Rouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I was a Falkland Islander, I would start polishing up on my Spanish linguistic skills. The Argentinians will not give two hoots for political compromise at a future date and there is nothing that UK Defence Plc can do beyond the small contingent already resident, and a prepared (argie)SF force on the ground could do serious damage to that.

Back to thread: The military are themselves subscribers to overpayment. I can recall that if you had to pay for damaged or missing items through service sources that 30% admin fee was added to an already outragious bill.

HRG accomodation booking is a license to print money, but one that accountants, and them alone endorse. Just so that an MT mate does not sleep in his cab and claim a nights rates. It is a pathetic waste of money.

Any supplier that is contracted long term will take the puss; that is business. You would not have to look far for examples of stationary costs being extortionate compared to nipping down to Staples.

Messing supplies. The flip side is poor quality supplied at top or even standard pricing. This principal is; I am led to believe, how Witherspoons can provide such perceived good value for money.

They are the problems, but the solutions can be an admin burden that make the problems apear trivial.