PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 5th C-17 for RAAF
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2011, 08:04
Frazzled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a moment there I thought Bushranger71 was going to turn this thread into another anti MRH90 rant

Anyway go for the extra C-17. They can carry heaps more than a Herc and can even get 3 blackhawks in the back where a C130 can only squeeze in one!

Even better - cancel one or two F35's and take the fleet to six. Like I mean it is not as if the fast jets atually deploy these days. (Is it any rumour the F18's are being transferred to Training Command?).

As for the C130 fleet - the H's days are numbered - too many years at low level have taken their toll on the airframes. And the army keeps buying equipment that either won't fit into the back or is too heavy.

The RAAF could do with the J's what the Army does with the Chinook's - trade them in on newer J's - ones with electronic locks, flip top rollers, high speed ramps and other newer mods.

Orrrrr, go european and get the A400 - still a prop but bigger, can carry more and go further than a C130. I mean the it's not like the eurpoeans would sell us a dodgy aircraft now would they guys - just look at other fine eurpoean products we have got - tiger, MRH, tankers - surely we couldn't go wrong going eurpoean.

Frazzled