PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hours building: Questions, Ideas, Advice, Countries etc
Old 10th Sep 2002, 10:30
the coyote

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Arraitch, is Vorticey right? Are you ex military or by another means of training where you didn't pay your own cash to get it? How did you get your first job?

Sadly, I think it is a case of beggars can't be choosers. If you've paid $40K of your own hard earned money (like I did) and you passionately want to work as a pilot and climb the tree, you WILL do just about anything that helps your prospects initially. When people are hungry they do anything for food eh?

In a perfect world we all wish it were otherwise, but I see it more as an apprenticeship, where the REALITY is you do have to pay your dues at the start. Talk to any chippy, plumber, boiler maker etc and they will have a similar story I reckon about their beginnings and working for nothing.

For all you low time pilots getting your foot in the door, now is not the time to change the world and draw the moral high ground. That is a privelige of experience. Keep your chin up, your head level, set your own limits about what you will and won't do and work at it with enthusiasm. Dont give up and remember: it is possible to have integrity even if you know you may be getting shafted.

Good luck!

Last edited by the coyote; 10th Sep 2002 at 10:54.