PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK ATC worst in Europe ?
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2002, 09:04
wallabie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atropos

Sorry mate, do not agree with you. This poor fellow lost his life 2 years ago mainly because aircrafts were then allowed to line up from taxiways where they didn't have full view of what was coming from the threshold. They've put a stop to it. That the language may have been a contributing factor can be debated until the cows come home. Canada for one thing operate on a 2 languages basis, spanish speak spanish, italians.........etc.
The use of english in CDG wasn't abandoned for the sole reason of regional lobbies but because it was just havock and dangerous. You suddenly had french people unable to understand each other ( not that do when they speak french but that's another story ) and that made things really dangerous. I know, I was there. Added to that, you're right, the unavoidable twitt who lives in the stone age backed up by a very stupid law, voted years ago that just made it plain illegal.
It would take a politician with balls ( a contradiction in terms ) to scrap that law and it bet you it will still be there long after I eat the daffodills by the root.