PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2011, 16:56
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rumour of BA taking on non-type guys hasnt happened yet, and with their current pool of pilots being told it could be the end of the year before a start date, its still going to be a long wait when and if it does happen.
You make a very good point tincans. Using BA as an example they have obviously shown an interest in type rated guys recently, and why not I suppose. They will have an absolutely huge application pool of type rated folk beating a path to their door. If anyone sees an exodus I would imagine it will be Ezy or RYR, as all the pay to fly heroes abandon their poor contracts at the first opportunity with no reprisals. Maybe then Ezy will realise the pitfalls of such schemes and return to employing experienced people. And so Flybe will empty to Ezy. But somehow I doubt Ezy will realise this and will keep on with the present policy.
And don't be too critical of them, after all Flybe are still taking on 200hr newbies.
In short it certainly would be a good idea to keep holding out for what you want, unless China or India hold any appeal the other offers may be limited for a while yet.