PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2011, 16:14
mrpony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Betty Girl

I am certain BA 'value' you as a loyal long-term employee who gets great results. Many businesses use a cost per person measure as a crude way of gauging a different horrid real-world capitalist value of people, all other things being equal which they never are. I'm certain BA has its own version.

I'm no expert but I would guess the difference in cost per person between MF crew and the 'others' to be between 20000 and 30000 annually at LHR when everything is taken into account.

So when you say you don't feel valued try putting yourself in the shoes of BA's management who value you so much that they are willing to keep paying you a good whack for a job with a great pension that costs a packet to fund. There aren't many employees that would get that sort of treatment in this country at the moment. And that's despite the fact what you have ended up with is worse than it would have been had BASSA simply rolled over and done nothing more than agree with most of BA's proposals and got some say in MF as well as shares and so on. So glad to hear many CC are 'losing the faith', although I prefer to think of them as having had an exorcism.

You are caught in the crossfire and for that you have my sympathy.