PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2011, 12:11
mrpony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Betty Girl - Post 800

I'm sure I'm not alone in admiring the way you staunchly defend the professionalism of your CC peers and explain many aspects of a job that aren't necessarily apparent to passengers.
The situation you are in is probably appreciated more than you think. Your willingness to post on here and fend off the brickbats thrown around is all in your favour and long may it continue.

You say there are 14000 of you and only a few post on this thread. I don't doubt that. There are still some 5700 willing to vote for pointless and self-defeating industrial action and I suspect that many of the comments you feel are directed at you and your colleagues as a whole, are actually meant for and about that significant and influential minority. Incredibly 9000 or so remain paying members of BASSA. Incredible. Why?

I agree with you about what seems to be deliberate MF desk placement but also with VK about its relative importance in the long term. It seems pretty obvious that the desk is placed to make a point about the fact that MF is here to stay. Hats are to help to differentiate between MF and the 'rest' (hats look smart - I've always liked a hat). The 'rest' get paid more and have better routes but are probably actually less effective in terms of productive output because of the many silly working agreements that they observe. BA are raising the profile of MF to help make sure the new people have pride in what they do - they want them to stay despite the inequalities. It's not a snub to you but the opposite to MF crew. It can be one thing without being the other.

As for Club service. You need to be telling your manager about these things and promoting yourself as an agent for imaginative change if there is a real problem with it - hang on, I suspect anything you did say would be mangled by the union approval process and then strangled before seeing the light of day by the very same self-serving parasites that run it! How about a new thread - 'Improving Service For Our Customers In Club - how can we help?'

May the force be with you.