PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmibaby
Thread: Bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2011, 11:47
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well everyone at BHD and WW seem to be happy with the change of airport with pax numbers up significantly on both BHX & EMA.

STN is an all new ball game, WW are more or less unknown at STN and will not be the first people think of in that part of the country when wishing to fly to NI, i would expect early sales to be stronger outbound from NI in a morning and the reverse in an afternoon.

I don't think it will be price sensitive in FR terms so if they can get the volume up to mid 80+ i suspect they will be happy.

Not sure where BOAC4ME is coming from, one is a very profitable low service airline with 300 aircraft all over Europe (many parked) the other is probably break even at best low service airline with 12 aircraft + 2 summer aircraft.

It seems to be common currency that bmi proper is still burning cash, so if WW is more or less break even then its probably good for forward cash flow and paying a share of Toad Hall.

The move to BHD probably required bmi (WW) to comimit an aircraft to STN as part of the deal to bring pax numbers back up following FR going walkies, if so then i expect the airport charges to WW will be very low for the first 6-12 months, but i have to agree STN was not obvious move for WW in terms of route planning, sometime you have to run a route at a loss! part of the big picture? if any one knows what it is please tell