PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2011, 06:28
VintageKrug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the record, I think Betty girl has indeed examined the evidence presented to her here and elsewhere and exercised independent (as well balanced) commentary on this whole affair.

However her incorrect use of its/it's (exemplified above!) is still of some considerable concern to me

I dread to think what is posted on the BASSA forum, and anyone sourcing their views from that site is bound to have a completely different and twisted perspective, given the snippets we see posted by the BASSA forum lice.

It is clear that BASSA is now in its death throes, with a bankrupt argument and indeed has used intimidation (viz. outing non-striking crew members.VCC) throughout this dispute to misinform (viz. "planes parked at Shannon) and mislead (viz. staff travel "back in five mins) its membership.

Might I suggest that the positioning of the MF crew report desks et al. is entirely subsidiary to the pressing matters of:

1. what the mood of crew is now that yet another ballot has been launched. Are people fed up, and following DH's demand to leave BASSA?

2. whether or not this strike is connected to previous actions, and how an unprotected action will affect BASSA's ability to garner support. Are crew generally aware that unprotected action means they can be dismissed with minimal compensation?

3. why there seems minimal interest in accessing the BASSA accounts?

4. whether the "show of hands" at a sparsely attended meeting is sufficient for BASSA's officers to remain in post, some drawing a considerable £50k+ annual stipend?

5. whether BA's pending legal challenge could render Unite liable for the cost of the strikes to date?