PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2011, 02:46
betpump5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say I went on the program and got my ATPL and then decided to fund my own proper type rating using the money saved by my parents (if the amount saved isn't enough a bit more could be raised). Would cathay consider promoting me to FO quicker than the usual 4/5 years?
Please be brutally honest, I won't be offended.
I was going to be slightly polite in answering what I consider to be the most ridiculous question ever asked on pprune but since you won't be offended, then I'll be less diplomatic.

So yeah, you are an idiot mate who obviously has no idea about the industry. So your parents have saved 25-30K? Yeah that will pay for a nice 737 type rating at Ryannair. Have you looked at prices for a A340/777ER or 744 rating???? Just so you know, doing touch and go's on a 744 burns a little more fuel than a 737. And by the way, the independent TR won't be to Cathay SOPs or traning standards.

Secondly, no. Obviously CX will not promote the guy who can pay for more training over his peers.

Thirdly, why did I even respond to this. But congratulations anyway on asking the most stupid question I've ever seen.