PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2011, 20:26
LD12986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure PC767 can speak for himself, but I think he reflects the views of many crew in that they:

a) want to deliver a good "product"/service to customers they can be proud of;

b) they do not want to have to continually apologise for failures elsewhere that are outside of their control (IFE problems) or less than brilliant ideas (ie wine lists that include wines not loaded on the aircraft); and

c) they want assurances that Mixed Fleet will not adversely affect their earnings

None of this is unreasonable. The problem is that no-one on the side of crew is providing any answers/solutions to c). BASSA's only response seems to be:

i) portray the company as the enemy that must be feared and resisted at all costs

ii) say no

iii) call further strike ballots

Crew need effective union representation, not least to keep management honest. All we have at the moment is BASSA being hell bent on pursuing a strategy that is doomed to fail and ostracising themselves from the rest of the company, and crew are passively giving BASSA a mandate to do this. And a better working relationship between crew and management may also help deal with a) and b).