PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life at Emirates
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2011, 18:41
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now now harry, I know it must frustrate you to have people state some of the facts of life but name-calling isn't the way to play..."whingers" implies some sort of misery, but truth be told I quite enjoy shining a light on the bull****. Seeing as you appear to fancy yourself something of an authority on things such as "basic employment law", I'm sure you can relate...

Perhaps I'm not quite as cynical as you, but even though I would never expect something as progressive as altruism to factor into any decisions made in Dubai, I do think you answered your own question as to "why would I adjust a contract to my detriment"?

With regards to other airlines adjusting pay thresholds - beyond the fact that Jetblue apparently adjusted theirs upwards to be where EK's WAS - the key difference is that there is at least a chance that that might be revised downwards in the future. At EK? Not a chance, not once they saw the huge profits to be made.This is the difference between a country with labour and legal protections and one without. (Since this thread is entitled, after all "Life at Emirates".)

PS WestJet is another airline whose package has improved in the last ten years. Oh, and not all the "threats" made weekly are idle. I should know!