PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL - I learned about Flying from that - Day 3 - 13
Old 30th Sep 2001, 02:37
GAF4139

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all your kind responses. I was pretty busy during the week studying for my ground exams. So i didn't have time to reply earlier.

Fast Jet Wannabe

I think I don't have to learn to be dangerous. My problem is to learn how not to be dangerous.

LGL737

Now I have overcome the fear of stalling I am determined to carry on. When I get to do my first solo I won't worry how I get down again. I just let the plane run out of fuel.

Ivan Ivanovich

Bolshoi spociba! I hope this post also reminds you and your colleagues of what students are capable of and in what danger you bring yourself every day when instructing.

Cloudwatcher

If you feel uneasy you should talk to your instructor. I talked to mine and it helped. If he thinks you are a wimp, then it is he who has got the problem - and not you - and he probably shouldn't be an instructor in the first place.

If my post made you feel better then I didn't waste my time. Good luck with your PPl.

Viggen

I know how you feel about the landing. I did my first circuits today. Every time I tried to land we were shot down - although it could well be that I just messed up the approach.

Big Red 'L'

I don't know about Todays Pilot - my English might not be good enough. On the other hand if they pay £1 per word then I'll do my PPL in 60 hours and earn enough dosh to pay for a frozen ATPL

helimutt

I can only agree with you. I think really good instructors will never forget how they felt when they started their training.

When I started my PPL I thought it would be nice to keep a diary since this is something very special which I will never experience again. On PPRune I read the threads from Pilote Pete, WWW and Scroggs about how they came to becoming a pilot and I thought why not start at the beginning of the story with the PPL. So I am afraid for this thread you have to blame them. I also hope this is of some use for other wannabes so that I can give something back in return for all the good advice I have received so far since reading this bulletin board.

I will carry on with this thread. So watch this space.

Good luck to all pilots.

GAF4139