PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2011, 13:58
FlyingTinCans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont particularly want to add to this thread drift, however I have to ask...

Where are all these pilots going?!

As a Dash driver myself the options are extremely limited at best for the turboprop guys, in fact I know of only AL in the UK and QR in the desert, and consider myself lucky ive got past the first stage of the recruitment process for AL. I know of a lot of guys who have applied to both, id say 60 - 70% of Dash FO's have applied, but thats a LONG way off an actual resignation, especially when we are competing with 320/737 type rated guys.

As for the Emb guys, yea the outlook is a little better. Gulf Air is an option but why not wait a little longer and then go straight for emirates flying bigger metal and living somewhere a hell of a lot better?

I cant speak for everyone as I know some flybe pilots have previous heavy time etc. but the majority are stuck at flybe for the time being, I cannot see a mass exodus happening this year.

The rumour of BA taking on non-type guys hasnt happened yet, and with their current pool of pilots being told it could be the end of the year before a start date, its still going to be a long wait when and if it does happen.
EasyJet have got a HUGE queue of pilots that will work for peanuts (even less peanuts than we get a flybe!), same at Ryanair. Jet2 and Thomas Cook only wanted type rated guys and their recruitment has already finished for the year, Thompson and Monarch are overcrewed, Bmi are bust....

'Exodus' and 'Sign of things to come' really? Have I missed something......

Last edited by FlyingTinCans; 4th Mar 2011 at 14:35.