PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 4th Mar 2011, 08:41
flyingguy1984

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry if this seems a tad negative, however I'm fairly convinced they almost know who they are going to take on before you even pay your £250. At the end of the day, 9/10 candidates for assessment have exactly the same number of hours, same licence etc, the interview is merely to confirm you are up to the job and probably to make up numbers. I'd barely been in my interview two minutes and I already knew they wouldn't pick me, just by the style of questioning which I've never experienced in an interview before. And my fears were confirmed when me and my partner were given around 10 minutes each in the sim because a first officer had to do his yearly check and they had run late. I wasn't that set on going the ryanair route to start with, I just thought perhaps the interview and sim check would be a good experience and I would see what happened. The only experience I got was realising that their aim is to make money out of you and no I am not actually bitter I didn't get accepted, I am just bitter that I got no feedback and the whole experience cost me near £500.