PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Work in Brazil
Thread: Work in Brazil
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 22:20
patatas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ANAC paperwork is crazy!!

Het guys,

I am actually in Brazil right now in the process of converting my JAA CPL (H) over to the Brazilian CPL. I've been talking to ANAC since october last year, when I started my process.
In fact this is the second time I am trying to convert my license since they "lost" the reply from DGAC in Spain when I first tried to do it about a year ago.

So, this is reality. It is relly hard work. And I am brazilian born and speak portuguese as a native language, but it looks like we don't understand each other when I try to speak to ANAC, when I can, of course...

Anyway. I let you guys know the exact process and how I did my paperwork when i finish (hoping to do in a couple of months).

Jobwise, I always hear people saying, pilot shortage, lots of job everywhere, as if employers where picking up people on the street and offering to pay then a training course because he really needs a pilot. NOT REALLY!! You have to have minimun hours as everywhere else in the world... helicopters cost as much as everywhere else in the world, so employers won't hand you a S76 with 200 hours... this is the reality!!

I am sorry if this is a little disapointing to some people... if you really want to live in another country, as an adventure, fair enought... but you will need to look for jobs like any other place on earth...

Besides, Brazil is really famous for the beaches and women. This is in Rio de Jameiro. Most helicopter jobs are in Sao Paulo and you will have to share your living with another 18 million people and 18 million cars (no kidding) with all its consequences that we already know

I am not spoiling peoples idea. I am giving the REAL information.
Good luck to all of us....