PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is pilot job market picking up at all??
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 21:20
Jugs08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheer up

I think for some people they are only looking for sure bets; I mean what about all the people that started a business and they were told it won't work by everyone. I beleive it's the people that know what they are getting into and are able to defy everyone and take the plunge are the one with the resolve to make it . I mean loads of industries are difficult to get into. Anyone would think a Pilot has no career choices at all.

Obviously timing is an issue. But I think too many peeople expect an Fatpl to get you into a jet instantly. When actually it's just a commercial license. Think of all the jobs that are out there where you spend 1-2 years learning. I saw someone post if your a Pilot your not going to be rich go start your own business. How can you compare being an employee to an employer; just riduculus. What about investing your salary? there are loads of options. I think if everyone sgtart to think postive things might change. The media has hyped this recession into everyone's brains. I'm about to finish the PPL and go Modular; It wont be easy it may not work; I may never fly a jet; but if you don't take a shot then your not gonna score.