PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAS Aviation looking for FO A319 in Germany
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 18:33
OldNewcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Olmeti,

regarding your skytest questions…. I had a look at the samples of the DLR-version and except the "dice-folding test" I found nothing which comes close to the interpersonal test, although the same skills are trained / tested.

And last if you could please translate to english the test subgects you said to focus on the skytest
Sorry but I don´t know the exact english translations for the skytest subjects but by looking at the samples you will get an impressions how the tests look like. And by the way, although many of the candidates who attended the selection with me were not prepared for the computertests, none of them failed the selection because of these.

Regarding the Concentration: find all 83s out of 5-digit columns
e.g.
78321 here the only thing is to find the 83 in the column right?
exactly, but be aware that possibly you´ll have to find out other numbers so read the instructions carefully. One further detail to mention is that you´ll have to solve 30 tasks within 15minutes, so a proper time management is also required.

In the sim check you didnt get any kind of emergencys or normal airbus procedures?
As said before the main focus is lying on raw data, manual flying and basic navigation procedures (holding!!!!). You will do this in the VOR-ROSE Mode, followed by a selected-selected VOR approach. Therefore you will have to set the autoflight system on (FDs-AP-Athrust) until you will resume manual flight at the minimum.
Thereafter you will have an engine failure during climb out. Just work as calm on it as this two guys and everything will be fine.
Furthermore I got a TCAS/RA in low level! and the CPT asked me whether he should reset a tripped cb in flight or not (do you think this clever?)

and state more or less what questions did you get on the personal interview it would be amazing
as I didn´t reach the final stage I cannot say anything about it for sure. I guess there will be group exercises, disputations and personal interview observed by a psychologist.

Do you guys think the package is good?
Yes, I do think so. Unfortunately it is a limited contract and the only way to get a permanent one with GWI is positive DLR-selection….

What about taxes?
Do you have to pay them in Germany or what?
I don´t know. Even the CPT who introduced us couldn´t answer this question for sure. He only assumed that taxes have to be paid in the UK, as your employer is an UK-based company….