PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 15:58
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Mrpony,

As I have said all crew on worldwide are experienced, I shouldn't think that you would get many that have flown for less that 5 or 6 years except maybe the odd temp and most of them are on their second season, so they are ALL very experienced to do the Club service.

Please see my post a few above where I explain why some crew, not all, may choose to work elsewhere and that all will inevitably work in club on some flights due to there being so many crew and seniority varies wildly from flight to flight. One flight someone could be most senior and another they could be 7th etc. Some crew do like Club, some don't but I very much doubt that that would affect the service they gave you.

I am not sure why, which positions crew work in, is such a problem, I hear that Mixed Fleet crew also don't like the club service and some of the CSMs on that fleet have not themselves been flying for even 5 or 6 years let alone the rest of the crew.

All aircraft have popular positions and not so popular, for instance on E/F some crew are not keen on doing the Duty Free sales but other crew just love it. That's just how it is. It's not because they don't like Club passengers because our regular business travellers are the most laid back and easiest passengers to serve, it's just the current product that some don't like.

These are my views and not those of my employer.

Last edited by Betty girl; 3rd Mar 2011 at 16:13.