PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 15:29
stevop21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you keep on bringing up the same old BS. Lets get something straight. Mr and Miss young CPP Cadet don't give 2 sh!ts about you, me or the T&Cs of the more mature generation at Cathay. They don't know us so hence will not care that us at CX have seen our pockets being emptied over the years - and why should they?

45'000 HKD (£4000) per month for doing bugger all for 4 years! Who the F wouldn't take that deal??? Telling these little lovlies that they'll be living in a shoebox won't matter to them. Change the record fool.

You are giving these poor cadets earache..And giving me heartaburn.
Thats not true, I was thinking about applying for the scheme when I am old enough. I would personally care as you would certainly want respect from the guys above you otherwise you will have a pretty miserable experience. I find it useful what many of the CX pilots have commented about on here, it gives a view of life in CX which will be a big concern to most people joining any company.

I certainly wouldn't take that deal. A couple of minutes of calculations answered that question for me. I did a google search of renting apartments in HK and was shocked by the cost. I found an online supermarket and calculated a weekly shop. Rent and supermarket bills take a big lump of that 4000 away, add electric bills, gas, tax and activities for fun.

If many cadets still accept these conditions then by how much further will the conditions have deteriorated be like when they get to Captain???