PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Article on VUELING pilots living like gipsies
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 15:22
Coffin Corner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The one and only reason why these schemes exist is because people are prepared to accept it, that is the only reason. If people didn't pay it, or accept it then they wouldn't be there. It's why they charge you triple for your flowers on Valentine's day, because people are prepared to pay it.
I understand that these types of "jobs" are the only thing open to wannabes at the moment, but that doesn't mean you have to accept a shower of sh** to get there. Do a bit (actually, do alot) of research, and don't do the training if there is nothing open. I mean, the flying schools were still full at the start & middle of the recession, what the hell is that all about? Potential pilots spend £100,000 on an integrated course, and then go and spend another EU35,000 on a TR, £130,000 worth of debt, what the hell is that all about? You'll never pay off that debt in 20 years, it is completely bonkers.
At least one chap has a sensible approach, check out this thread, kudos to him. He's obviously done some good, hard research.
I just despair at the desperation and plight of why people do it, and all just to fly an aeroplane.