PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 12:29
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

A bit of both really.

It is a messy service to do and does not flow well and takes a lot longer than some of our previous club services for no apparent reason other than it was not thought out well, as I have said it is bound to be revamped soon because of this.

Crew do get embarrassed to constantly be having to apologise re wine selection and running out of the main meal choice too and this does happen sometimes, well every day really, in the Club cabin.

The crewing levels on BA aircraft are tight if the cabin is full and although crew understand why the CSD needs to work in the cabin and for many of us it is a good thing because standards are usually very high from our CSD community, so it is good that they serve our customers and set standards for other crew to emulate, but if they get called away to sort out a problem with IFE or a disgruntled passenger etc etc. it can cause the club service to slow down and take longer to complete if it is a full load of passengers.

Just, human nature that some will avoid this but of course there are some crew that enjoy working there and as I have said on every aircraft, in every airline there are always some more popular positions to work but generally crew do work in all different cabins because it varies so much from day to day how far up the list you are anyway.

Hope that helps.

These are my personal views and not those of BA

Last edited by Betty girl; 3rd Mar 2011 at 12:39.