PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 11:33
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

I think you are both twisting what has been said.

The reason some crew choose not to work in Club is because it is not a good product at the moment.

All the worldwide crew are experienced, so even if a CSD was allocating positions, it would make no difference. BA want good crew across all the cabins and in most cases that is what you get. Making someone work in Club who loves to work in World Traveller and visa verse, someone who loves Club work in Traveller makes no sense. There are literally thousands of crew ( there must be over 7000 or more on Worldwide) and a CSD is likely to have only flown with a handful before so would have no idea of which crew are good in which cabin.

When I was on Worldwide the club cabin was always a very popular place to work but over the last few years this new service has been introduced and as I have said, I am sure it will get revamped very soon.. It is because they feel that the offering is not as good as it could be that some crew might avoid it, not for any other reason. Seniority varies wildly from flight to flight so people invariably work in all cabins across a full month of work.

Anyway, only a few posts ago some of you were saying that you WANTED to be served by the younger crew, obviously the LESS senior you are the more likely you are to be young!! So you should be happy! No!!Or is it just that some of you will never be happy!!! Just joking!!

Hopes that helps you understand.

These are my own views and I do not speak on behalf of BA

Last edited by Betty girl; 3rd Mar 2011 at 11:48.