PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information regarding the Top End
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 00:55
Flying Bear

Received 44 Likes on 5 Posts
Might I suggest, in all seriousness, I would expect a hopeful presenting to me to be dressed well - either tailored trousers and business shirt (no tie in the Top End, though) or generic pilot uniform minus accoutrements (ie bars, wings, etc), which is my preferred.

This way, I get to see the following:

1. What the person will appear like on the job (visualisation - a very basic psychological effect when trying to influence someone), and
2. Whether the person is disciplined enough to make at least that effort for what amounts to an interview - because if they are not going to that small effort to get a job, what will they be like on a day-to-day-basis in the Company's grind??

A bit judgemental, I know, but first impressions do count.

I missed an early job for exactly this reason, but only found that out months later...

Re the Macca's lad - I'd be quite impressed that he has had the gumption to go out and try to support himself (especially in a supposedly "humble" job)whilst chasing his dream, rather than rely on parent's money or give up after two weeks when the cash has been used up. Hats off from me - maybe he should come speak to me.