PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Ground School Thread '09 -'11 (Merged)
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 23:11
student88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bristol are good and you will get results however slightly expensive and require a lot of extra time for the brush up course. That said they are still very good.

The ideal combination would be the Bristol brush-up course, their question bank and the Oxford ATPL Manuals. The quality of English is much better and subjects are explained clearly. With the Bristol manuals I found myself having to read the same paragraphs over and over again only to realise I wasn't understanding it because the quality of the written work wasn't too great.

Go to Bristol if:
- You want a great pass mark.
- You're willing to pay a little bit extra.
- You have the extra time available for the brush-up.

Don't go to Bristol if:
- You are sometimes easily offended by really bad, sexist jokes.
- You are not a fan of the beautiful English countryside.

Mostly the staff are lovely. Naturally you're not going to get on well with all the instructors but on the flip side there are some top notch, A-star, quality ones like Tony and Tom. Tom really does pull out some classic one liners which made Flight Planning so much easier to digest and Tony really takes care of students and is more than happy to explain the subjects you're not too sure about, ensuring you understand why and not just telling you "well thats the answer just deal with it".

Any other questions please feel free to message me.