PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Theory Exams - My experience
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 13:06
ct8282

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick update on the thoery tests.

The day after my Air Law exam I started studying for the Human Performance test and after 5 days of studying I was hitting 95% average scores on the HP app on my iPhone. This time round I definitely didn't take as many notes as with Air Law as this subject is certainly more straight forward and very often just common sense.

I took the test 5 days after starting studying for HP and passed with 100% score in just 6 minutes. All in all a very straight forward exam and as with Air Law the questions were almost identical to those on the Questions and Answers Simplifier book.

The following day I started studying through Meteorology. I've been studying for 4 days now, very extensively in the evenings and all last weekend and am about 50% of the way through the Met book. This subject is significantly harder than HP and much harder than Air Law too as it's not just about learning and remembering details and info, you really do need to understand what you're reading and so I find myself going back through a chapter once I have read it and taken comprehensive notes. A much more interesting subject that is for sure, but also more complex. My brain feels frazzled right now, but I will keep grinding it out and am hoping to sit the exam on Sunday if I feel ready.

I must say, one thing I am particularly impressed with is Jeremy Pratts books. He takes a very logical and sequential approach which enables you to build up your knowledge of the subject gradually and methodically. I would certainly recommend his books to anyone doing their PPL.

One final point for now, if you think gaining a PPL will be easy and you can just fluff your way through, think again. Subjects such as Nav and Met do require lots of hard work and you will of course need to understand these topics well. If you put the time and effort in though, and are committed you will get through just fine.

I'll update hopefully on Sunday after the test.