PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes at Marham and Lossie
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 10:07
Finningley Boy

Received 81 Likes on 45 Posts
Finningley Boy,

Quote:
You couldn't for one second, though, point out where I supported the disbandment of 14 sqn. I did question why 13 and not 31.
I can - here:

Quote:
But on a historic and tradition not, it should be 14 and 31 by rights. They're the most junior save 617, which retains special status!
Philip.snow may have got his facts off the internet, but the internet is right in this instance... it sounds like this decision's down to timing and a political sensitivity about disbanding deployed units. Perhaps the history books will record the manoeuvring for others to tut over in future?
Its not something I support Easystreet just voicing my understanding of the protocol for disbanding squadrons. If Philip has found out a snippet off the internet that 14 squadron are an older squadron than 12, for example, he must be missing something else, as they have been chosen to disband. But in anycase, my point is merely an observation, not something I'm going to fight to the death over as some article of faith. However, it was Philip's manner of bringing his point to light, which I'll gladly accept, which I'll admit drew my hasty response. I just don't understand the rather disturbed and overtly defensive manner in which he chose to express his new found knowledge.

FB