PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes at Marham and Lossie
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 08:13
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an ex Crusader I am absolutely gutted

But, it would have been just as gutting for anybody who is serving, or has served, on any Tornado GR Sqn (over the last 25 odd years) chosen for the chop. My heart also goes out to all those who have been a part of 13 Sqn. These are very sad times, which I really wish I did not have to witness.

However, the memories, the photographs, the videos, the experiences, the happy times, the good times, the sad times, the very sad times, the scary times, the very scary times, the emotional times, the angry times, the frustrating times, the hot times, the cold times, the wet times, the hard work times, the slack times, the busy times, the boring times, the anxious times, the lonely times, the nervous times, the apprehensive times, the exciting times, the fun times, the exhilarating times and finally the extremely proud times, will never be forgotten by me as long as I live.

I am proud and privileged to have had the honour to have served on three Tornado Sqns over the years, but 14 will always have a very special place in my heart.

RA! RA! Crusaders.

P. S. I am sure that my two daughters (now 27 and 24) would be quite happy to adopt Eric who has spent many a time in their arms.