PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 06:42
TROPICAL-DEPRESSION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think about all the problems - This airline will always have problems.

Morale is low, how can it change? Improve the conditions? I am not sure we will se any improvement, positive changes take a lot of time here. Like I said before there have been only few positive changes since the beginning of this thread. As for the management, at least I can say they comunicate information and negative information more than any other management has, also we have to wait and see what positive effect the changes have.

This airline has a lot of problems and they are not capable of solving all of them, so they solve small problems and patch the big ones. These are only some FD related problems.

What happens when pilots leave.
Junior FOs leave, this blocks the transfer of senior FOs to other fleets and others' upgrades too. People are waiting a long time on A320 to go anywhere other than India and Bahrain.

Remember that for anyone to upgrade or transfer, there has to be a slot available to receive the pilot on his new fleet and there has to be a pilot to take his slot on his current fleet.

They need CPs and they want to transfer them to other fleets. They can't upgrade as many FOs and they can't lose a CP from A300/A330/A340/B777 to A320. Solution typed DECs waiting 4-6 months for sim training. SOs who have to wait 6-12 months to start flying and fly 6 months with a cover pilot, FO, before he actually is of any use to this airline, while delaying any other training because the need of a TRI/LI for the SOs.

What's wrong with this? I guess something has to change, maybe attract new qualified FOs who won't want to leave? I think the main problem here is the A320, the only way to attract someone is with widebody, give them something they can't get so many other places, or money.

What a European FO thinks is that he has to chose his airline and stay there that's the only way to get a good job as a CP. So why wait for an upgrade he can't really use, in an airline he doesn't like and that doesn't like him, in a place that he really doesn't like?

I don't blame anyone for leaving, I just want the airline to start doing the right thing.