PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Large scale Multi party action against CASA.
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 05:05
CASAweary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friends I know I have already voiced the below concerns, but I need to let Frank know this information in light of the work he is doing on behalf of those abused by CASA.Perhaps the issues are not so much with the airlines but with the regulator ?My sources tell me that CASA staff are bailing in droves. Not the pilots or engineers but the safety system people. One high level melbourne safety system person has gone to jetstar melbourne, one low level melbourne safety system person has also gone to jetstar melbourne. Another brisbane based program leader who was working on the CASA 787 program has also bailed and started with jetstar melbourne as their 787 implementation leader.One low level brisbane safety system person has gone to virgin blue brisbane, one high level safety system peron in sydney has been removed from doing work with virgin blue due to a conflict of interest and replaced with a high level brisbane safety system person who is in negotiation with virgin blue. My question is why all the safety system inspectors ? I hear they earn around $140 000 to $160 000 per year so are the airlines paying them that much or more ? I also heard that a stack of junior staff are bailing as well due to ongoing HR harrassment and have launched civil proceedings against CASA.Seems that there are major issues at the regulator losing all that safety system capacity, a worrying trend and a sign of internal management and HR issues. My concern is with the loss of so many safety sensitive inspectors that safety standards will tumble. The airlines do not want the old inspectors from engineering or flying operations but are pinching the relatively new saftey (past 5 years) inspectors suddenly ? I also hear that senior management have lost the plot and are destroying projects and blowing millions in the process and mismanaging entire departments to the point that staff are leaving or suing. This is not a good look at all and it seems that Albanese is failing the travelling public. My sources who have spent years being mistreated by CASA tell me that the problem execs are in canberra, namely TF, JA and GH and that single handedly they are tearing the organization apart. Staff are organising a vote of no confidence, legal action and union action against TF and GH. What does that tell you all ?