PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 00:36
giggitygiggity

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am due to start on the wings cadet scheme at the end of April. I looked at the various programs available and CTC looked like the best option. They seem to offer the best placement scheme. It is in their interests that you suceed and gain sucessful employment as it makes their statistics look better and therefore it is easier for them to sell the course to potential cadets. This is all beneficial to the student as in a roundabout way, they will have provide a high standard of training and also put in the effort to guarantee a cadets sucess.

I looked at PTCs flybe scheme, but I felt that the MPL would probably be a poor choice as it would leave me with a very restrictive license. I did not feel that cabair was as good value for money as the other schemes as there was no placement scheme. Regarding Oxford vs CTC, it looked to me like the CTC scheme had built a solid reputation (in the eyes of the airlines) and should lead to more employment opportunities than OAA. Also CTC use the most modern aircraft to train on (like cabair) to make the adaptation to a jet easier more me and thus will hopefully give a sponsor airline more confidence in my capabilities. I suggest you visit both and compare them yourself, CTC was my first choice and I was sucessful, had I not been I would have applied for the OAA APP course.

CTC impressed me the most and I am confident that they will provide a good package. It is a little more expensive than their competitors but I felt that it was worth paying the extra to ensure I have the best chance of gaining employment after training. I don't see any advantage in saving 25% on a cheaper course which will result in a considerably lower chance of getting a job. If you choose to take a loan for a course (modular or intergrated) without a financialyl suitable back up plan, then everything must be done to maximize your employability; something I feel this course does.