PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2011, 20:24
pencisely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non PC

I fully concede that my last post was Non PC but I was just relaying a business (man) perspective on the contrast of the 2 offerings. A later post highlighting the level of interference from BASSA at every attempt at BA management to respond to the market demand is astounding.

I have personal input from a former BA regional Captain who recalls how when they were occasionally allocated mainline CC he would experience the following -
  1. The senior CC often earned more than him
  2. The CC had special food as per their union agreement whilst he had his home made sandwiches
  3. At turnaround he and the FO had to move the business class curtain as this was outside the agreement for CC
  4. 3 was usually whilst CC were sat enjoying their special food as per agreement
BASSA more than anything else have contributed to the demise of the BA service. BA need to kill and kill it now and it looks like they pretty much have. BA can never move forward with that load on it.

Continuing the theme I am now in the EK Biz lounge at Mumbai. Not a shared effort like most of BA's outside of LHR but a dedicated full service oasis in the middle of chaos. I will now get on a new 777 300 ER and then onto the A380 800 into LHR - once again at less than half the price of BA CW!

Have also just done some internals in India and even those CC are in my opinion offering a far superior service ethic to the BASSA dinosaurs. Did I feel less safe? yes but that is mainly due to the increasing reports of Indian aircrew finding their way onto the flight deck with forged papers.