PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2011, 19:48
lynx no more

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NPAS ideas

Dishforth would make a fine central NPAS base. I'll be there at the front of the line Mr Npas sir.
A few idea's.

1. Let the pilots sit on the panel choosing all the obs, not allow any fine speaches from the prospective chaps on why they should be an obs, just take them for a quick flight and give them a map to find 3 points. If they dont make the grade there and then, show them the door, and tell them from the outset that the pilot is always right, and things will go swimingly

2. Line checks should be given 4 times a year in claggy weather by each pilot so the obs toe the line and make the tea, and to make sure they are always on the ball.

3. BTP asu central command should move them all around the UK to make sure they get to know the UK area so no favouritism is shown to home force areas

4. We had to do it in the military, so start as you mean to go on I say. Start with a clean slate, and ban all overtime, as the pilots cant get it so why should the chaps, its a well abused system from what I've seen over the years.

5. Single crewed is also another fine idea I've seen mentioned on this thread. If the chaps cant hack it in the back there is always footbeat which they were all trained for

One stands back, and waits for all the agreed passengers who are not busy shining their boots to let me know the error of my recruitment and testing ideas.

Onwards and upwards I say Mr Npas. I bet a few drivers agree but darent say it to the obs sat next to them telling them what to do