PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East Unrest !!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2011, 08:56
jack schidt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those thinking about bringing their families to the ME as a reason to come just for a job THINK AGAIN! Oman a relatively quiet neighbour to the UAE is starting to see increasing uprising and discontent with its leaders. Unrest in the Arab world appears to be an expanding problem with the likes of Saudi Arabia on the cards in the future! Kuwait, Bharain, Oman have all had pockets of unrest from the few groups who dare brave to challenge dictatorships.

What is it the people are uprising against? Leaders who use thier abuse their position by creaming off cash from the state to purchase their own lavish lifestyle mansions overseas, have luxury airliners and yacths etc etc... Then and MOST OF ALL, the said ruler/dictators like in Libya and Egypt try to keep the happy times in their family by promoting the idea that thier next of kin is the next best person to rule a country as opposed to having the best elected person to fulfill the position. I can see that the sons of dictators aren't always the next best person to rule a country...ie N Korea...Libya!!

So does the above structure not fall into most of the Middle East (probably all) countries and associated .....doms?

I think there is more of this to come and what is worse Iran has had its uprising in the past and is not in a state of all its people being in favour of the regime.

Gulf wars 1 and 2 were a concern as is Afghanistan, the thing is, they were isolated to those countries alone.....this wave of peoples un-rest seems to be a concern and can not be counted out anywhere in the Middle East under current conditions!

If I was thinking about applying to a ME carrier and taking my family there in these uncertain times...I would seriously have to know that there is no other employment for me outside of the ME.

Good Luck and remember, times are hard in the ME even when things are good, this now adds a WHOLE NEW MEANING as to why to choose to go to the ME with a family just for employment! Don't just think about your career, think 90% of the choice to come to the ME is it really going to benefit your whole family, currently I would say not?