PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2011, 08:34
M2dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gordonroxburgh
'Dg still has her original fitted. It was not the same indicator, simply a 5deg lock indicator and a switch (poss wiper park). I wonder where this one came from!
Just looking at some old 202 pictures Gordon and by golly you are right. Could have sworn it was a 202 (DG) robbery but it obviously it was not. The plot thickens. (I do remember that we had a hell of a job getting hold of this electroluminescent panel for OAD, hence the memory).

The blue wave looked impressive with the cabin lights off, crap and tacky with them on. What would have been better was a new 787 style, LED lighting system on the aircraft, but that level of technology was not yet developed properly in 2000
It's not really an issue of technology, more one of utter annoyance. The regular passengers really would not want this nonsense, and nomatter what way you looked at it, it looked totally out of place and was a total waste of space. (Let alone weight). As I said before, it was all about 'emperor's new clothes' with certain people at the time'. (The rest of us saw it for what it was, blue hogwash).

steve-de-s
I first saw this video a few months ago, which aircraft was it filmed on?
I think you will find that it was G-BOAB, during ground evaluation testing Steve. Fortunately Concorde never flew in service with any of this wavy blue ceiling crap.

Best Regards
Dude

Last edited by M2dude; 1st Mar 2011 at 08:50.