PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Payday at Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2011, 08:32
TonyWilliams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hit them where it hurts !!!

Let me be the first on this thread to congratulate your company on an awesome response to Arik's typical interaction with companies and employees who provide good faith products and services to Arik, and then get the shaft when it comes time to pay up. As a former pilot and employee, I enthusiastically offer my services in ANY way that may aid you in returning the favor to Arik.

Unfortunately, if there was any chance to actually shut down a New York and possible future Houston service, you might actually be doing the company a favor and saving them a HUGE amount of money. You'll be doing the defacto managing that they are not capable of.

Honestly, good luck getting any money. I'm sure you're already exploring ways to shut them down in the gate in New York, with a lien or other court order.

I'll post the edited version of your letter to the U.S. Government:

BEFORE THE
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
WASHINGTON, D.C.

February 24, 2011

Application of:
ARIK AIR LIMITED
for exemption authority pursuant to
49 U.S.C. § 40109 and for a
foreign air carrier permit pursuant to
49 U.S.C. § 41301

Docket No. OST-2010-0279

The U.S. Department of Transportation should carefully scrutinize Arik Air Ltd.’s (“Arik Air”) ability to meet the Department’s standards to hold foreign air carrier authority, due to the failure of its corporate parent, Arik Air International Ltd. (“Arik Int’l”), to pay significant outstanding professional fees and expenses owed to SH&E, which call into question Arik Air’s financial fitness. In light of these issues, SH&E contends that granting Arik Air foreign air carrier authority would be adverse to the public interest.

According to publicly available sources, Arik Air is also indebted to the Nigerian aviation authorities and other government officials, and has experienced groundings of its aircraft on numerous occasions as a result thereof <<<<gosh.... you don't think Pprune helped them any

SH&E requests that the Department carefully scrutinize Arik Air’s financial fitness to hold foreign carrier permit authority and to withhold such authority until Arik Air demonstrates it has met all applicable requirements.

I hereby certify that I have this 24th day of February 2011 served the foregoing document by email on the following persons:

Evelyn D. Sahr
COUNSEL, ARIK AIR LIMITED

John Byerly
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE

John Allen
FEDERAL AVIATION ADMIN.

Carl Nelson
AMERICAN AIRLINES

Hershel Kamen
CONTINENTAL AIRLINES

R. Bruce Keiner
CROWELL &MORING LLP (CONTINENTAL)