PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK F/O Apartments
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2011, 01:24
PRT2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink WOW!! All this over a small Q on where to live?

I will confess to not being a great follower of PPRUNE as the topic tends to be replaced by off track, unhelpful and at times, useless mud slinging replies.

To CRAZYPILOT & those who sent me a PM - thank you, very interesting and with some good things to consider. CRAZYPILOT - Yr area is where I am looking initially.

To others who went off on one - thank you for wasting my time reading your replies. Not helpful and too a fairly simple question pls moan elsewhere!

SHEIKMYARSE: If you hate DXB/EK so much then can I assume you've handed in your notice and are on your way out? Also, going out on a limb here but I think some of your figures are wide of the truth slightly. For those you know who are up a smelly creek without a paddle - I'm sorry to hear that, however you make your choices and take your chances.

Personally for me I like Dubai and the package offered by EK. Since I first moved to DXB in the early 80's and then subsequently leaving 4 years later, I have watched the city grow and returned often for holidays; spending them with resident friends and, until recently, family. I've been round the aviation block a bit, so am under no grand illusion that EK's lawn is greener than anyone else's. Its just different. I have enough contacts in EK; from new F/O to Senior Management that I've heard most of the pro's and con's from all points. I've chosen EK, rightly or wrongly - its my choice. So while I head over to enjoy the pantomime pls comment on my original query, or enjoy your doom and gloom with those who want to listen (I hear BA/Iberia, Air France, Alitalia & Latehansa all have a good support group!)

For those of you still reading, my original query asked if anyone knew what buildings F/O's are being placed. I've got a few from current friends but been told theres new places.

Most likely taking the allowance at the moment, so any suggestions on good locations like CRAZYPILOT's greatly appreciated! Anyone tested the hotelapartments?

Thanks!