PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 1st Mar 2011, 00:52
Disillusioned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to the latest info newsletter put out by the union, there are now no further pay meetings scheduled, as management have cancelled the one pencilled in for March 29th, and the only current offer on the table is the old offer of 2%

The word from the union briefings held over the past week or so, is that the union are going to re-introduce AAVAs (not that they have actually gone yet. They have only given notice to withdraw from the agreement) at the current rate, without so much as a fight, because "the company can't function without them". Rubbish. They (management) used this excuse over the pension debacle, then announced £90m profits...They then used this excuse over the last ridiciculous pay deal we accepted, then announced record profits of £100m+. Now they are trying the exact same tactic over the AAVA agreement, with massive profits still rolling in. Do the union, and management expect the members to accept such a lame, ridiculous argument a third time. We are simply being taken for mugs.

I really hope this is all smoke & mirrors, because if this is the case, then the union is as powerless as I have thought they are for a long time, and you have to wonder whose best interests the union have these days. It certainly doesn't appear to be its members, who pay them to represent them, not

I can't actually think of one positive thing the union has actually achieved over the past 4 years, and working together is a complete sham, dreamed up by management, as it is a wholly one way street, benefitting management, and completely penalising union members.

Not impressed. Not impressed in the slightest, by either management or the union.