PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus Sold To Chinese
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2011, 20:42
osmosis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A company I once worked for in another life used to manufacture various items for the Dept of Defence including, among other things, aileron control gearboxes. As time went by the pressure to become ISO 9001 compliant in Australia became greater despite the quality of work being done by relatively small companies like ours. We did not have the CNC machines of today or the 9001 protocols in place and bit by slow bit the workload diminished down to a trickle to a point where we were left with machining a few aluminium billets already supplied to us; and even that dried up. Where the work went to instead of us I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if it went offshore into Asia.

Private enterprise continually faces commercial reality and we in Australia are highly vulnerable to competition. We are stupid, near-sited buffoons working under a different ethos and allow our own industry to shut down and blindly watch examples like the one below unfold around us.

http://www.skf.com/files/891104.pdf

Note: I am not associated with any organisation mentioned or described above in any way whatsoever.