PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK F/O Apartments
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2011, 16:22
SassyPilotsWife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apology accepted Left

I will accept your apology because I am one of those who is honest and works hard. I also work smart. You are choosing to make assumptions about me and place me in categories of 1. EK wives (plural is wives not wifes by the way), 2. agents who are here to make a buck because they have no real skill and should go back to a former career and 3. that I'm out to take an EK pilots money with exaggerated and inflated property cost with no regard to customer service. And the assumption that making a client very happy that he recommends his colleagues and friends to me is NOT what I strive for ? and 4. that I know NOTHING about aviation and my husband needs to coach me on it.

Well sir, again, you could not have been further from the truth. But the proof is in the pudding. Right?

It's unfortunate that you had the experience of a bad agent. It's even more unfortunate that a friend or colleague recommended her to you. But that doesn't make all agents bad. I WELCOME the opportunity to show you otherwise!

Glf,
You are SO right! And I am so happy to see that some more EK guys are headed our way now to be our neighbors! The drive is not that much of a difference at all and once we have about 4 more, my recommendation to hire a driver, buy a van and put him up in a studio for 18k a year and split the cost, just alleviated the drive issue. Especially after long haul trips. Once that cost is split, it is not bad at all and they are enjoying golf, marina, yacht club, shopping, golf club, various restaurants, venues, swimming pools, private beach and lagoon etc. all within walking distance. That's icing on the cake. For less than 1.3M for 4 bed villa ON the golf course. Why not? Try buying a 4 bed villa FULLY FURNISHED with all the amenities above for 1.2M where your neighbor across the street is directly on the golf course in DXB. Well I"VE GOT IT! Hmmm how much are the utility bills there???

Don't want to buy because your new to the UAE? Fine, go ahead and rent. The same villa for sale here with all the goodies above rents for less than 80k a year and the owners will take more than 1 cheque. ( my EK guy just bought for 1.15M and the original purchase price was 1.4M. TYVM! And before you say the owner was desperate or it was a distress sale, WRONG! and I know because it was MY listing! There ya go Mr. Left ASSumption, I sold my own listing for less.. thats less commission for me but my client is ecstatic! And there sir.. is the difference between any jumeirah jane agent and ME. He and his beautiful wife will be my neighbors,and our friends and she and I have plans on sharing wine on the balcony overlooking the lagoon and golf course. And he's bringing 2 friends who are looking at buying here rather than spending another 1 or 2M in Dubai and buying a boat! Where in Dubai can you walk out of your villa over to the marina and jump on your boat and go for less than 1.3M ? Or for you boys that are scared, your villa that you rented for 75k PA ( multiple cheques)

For the record, my previous career ? Real Estate. My future career? CEO of EK and I want to see you in my office the day I put my name plate on my cherry rosewood executive desk Mr! lol (j/k on that one

Yes there are those that say DONT BUY, DON"T RENT, live in DSO for free. Hey, DSO is decent. I was actually there for the first time a month ago while delivering a contract to a client. But there was no marina, no yacht club, no golf course, no beach. I'm not knocking DSO by any means! Please don't feel the need to defend why you're living there. IF i repeat IF ( there's your first clue Left) my husband's employer had housing for us there, we may possibly have still been there by now but it was NOT an option. On the contrary, FAR FROM IT!! The villa I was visiting was nice! And so was his wife and family. I really hate to see you bash any EK wife. And this one could have danced circles around your flight skills i'm sure Never assume because they are the wife of an EK pilot, they could never have been your former capt. ! But there are pilots living in EK quarters feeling the pressure and wanting to move out only to be told one bs story after another and they can't move. That choice has to be yours. I'd rather an apprehensive client hold back and move later where he/she is READY, WILLING and ABLE ( the ONLY client I prefer to work with) and happy than to right out of the gate jump into a lease or purchase and regret it. I'm not going anywhere and when someone is ready to see what the wild west of the UAE has down here vs other emirates c'mon down. Where else in the UAE can you live where there is no liquor license requirement, your neighbors don't give a crap about how much money you bring home, most don't care that you're a pilot because they actually like you for who you are, they don't close the liquor stores when the king dies and you can walk home after having too much fun. For the record, we have short term lease properties if you want to get your feet wet. I just took a listing today, fully furnished 3 bed villa with landscaped garden on the golf course for 60k on a 6 month lease or you can have it for 110 a year if you prefer to stay longer that includes garage with opener, showtime and etisalat cable already in place and rolling. Owner only request 2 weeks notice to plan move back to England. Best of luck guys!